SIRC and IDA Latoria Pharmacy partner again on Thurs. Dec. 7th to offer you vaccinations and information sessions to benefit your wellbeing. Please call 250-478-5150 to book your Pneumonia shot or Medication Review appointment, or drop by in the afternoon to speak with Mohamed.
- Pneumococcal infection is caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae bacteria.
- Pneumococcal infection is spread from person to person by coughing, sneezing, or having close face-to-face contact. It can also be spread through saliva.
- The bacteria can cause serious and life-threatening infections, such as meningitis, an infection of the lining that covers the brain, septicemia, an infection of the blood, and pneumonia, an infection of the lungs.
- Permanent complications of the infection include brain damage and deafness.
- About 1 in 4 people who get pneumococcal meningitis may die.
- The pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine protects against 23 types of pneumococcal bacteria.
- This vaccine is provided free to people at high risk of getting sick from pneumococcal infections, including seniors 65 years of age and older and residents of any age living in residential care or assisted living facilities.
- A vaccine is recommended once every five years.
Coming in 2018…
Medication Review Mondays
Throughout January, Pharmacist Mohamed Zeid, will provide an individual consultation either at SIRC or in the privacy of your own home, to review your prescription medications. Call to book your appointment.
The final shot for our 2017-2018 Program will be available on Thursday, Feb. 15th at SIRC by appointment.